October 18, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V821000
Center Pillar Welded Incorrectly/FMVSS 214
In the event of a crash, the reduced strength of the vehicle body may increase the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V821
Manufacturer Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Potential Number of Units Affected 1
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling one 2022 Outlander vehicle. A software programming error with a welding robot may have caused the vehicle’s center pillar to be welded incorrectly. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 214, “Side Impact Protection” 210, “Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages” and 216, “Roof Crush Resistance.”
MMNA will repurchase and replace the affected vehicle, free of charge. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA’s number for this recall is SR-21-009.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Check if your Mitsubishi has a Recall
September 14, 2021, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) was notified by Asteer that some side center pillar reinforcements were partially manufactured to Australian specifications. MMC immediately began inspecting the center pillar reinforcements on all potentially affected vehicles in MMC’s possession.
September – October 2021, MMC conducted computer analysis to determine if the partial Australian specification side center pillar reinforcements would still meet FMVSS and the potential other consequences.
October 14, 2021, MMC determined that although initial analysis indicated the affected vehicle would meet FMVSS, out of an abundance of caution, a field action was necessary in the US, and advised Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) to conduct a non-compliance recall.
1 Affected Product
5 Associated Documents
Noncompliance Notice 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-4
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2022-2
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2022-3
Latest Recalls Documents
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- Simple user interface - Seven segment display with basic knob controls.
- Process Capabilities - MIG, Flux-Cored and Spool Gun.
- Dual Input Voltage - 120V and 230V inputs so you can plug into any common power supply.
- Ergonomic Case - Sleek and robust case design with multiple lift points for ease of mobility around the shop.
- Lightweight and Portable - Only 41 lbs
- 【Gas Less Mig Welder】MIG145FX Mig welder machine is a gasless automatic Mig welder with IGBT and integrated wire feeder technology with 0.030"(0.8mm) and 0.035"(0.9mm) wire. Smooth wire feed, high duty cycle, clean weld, low spatter, ideal for welding carbon steel, iron, or stainless steel, no need for wind protection.
- 【110/220V Dual Voltage】Mig welder is designed for dual voltage 110/220V with a digital display automatic identifies input current and voltage. Welder machine equipped with adjustable wire feed speed and voltage control knob. Output current range: 50-145A(max). Duty cycle 60%@145A in 220V, duty cycle 60%@125A in 110V.
- 【Overload Safety Protection】Mig welder has a built-in protection function. Flux core welder automatically shuts down when it overheats or when the voltage and current are overloaded. Mig welder equipped with a fan cooling system to help the welder cool down, reduce dust from entering the machine, and prolong the service life.
- 【Compact and Portable】Mig welder machine weighs only 13.6 pounds. Featuring an easy-to-carry handle, lightweight and compact in design for easy installation and storage. Ideal for outdoor repairs, rusted metal, farm and road equipment and maintenance.
- 【What Come With Mig Welder】 1 x Mig welder machine, 1 x Mig torch with 2 meters cable, 1 x Earth clamp with 2 meters cable, 1 x 2lbs 0.030’’(0.8mm) Flux core wire, 2 x Contact tips, 1 x Conversion Plug (110V female to 220V male), 1 x User Manual.
- 【IGBT Inverter Technology】SILVEL MIG Welder 140 Amp can weld various materials with Stick/TIG function. Unique IGBT power device enhances efficiency and reliability.
- 【Safe and efficient】 Reliable and stable MIG 140A inverter welding machine with electric smothering control for good formation and deep penetration. Thermal and overload protection ensures your safety and the machine's.
- 【Rugged and Durable】Single-phase, adjustable power setting welding machine suitable for flux (no gas) welding. Lightweight at 14.77 lbs, with 80-140A welding current and 23.5V no load voltage.
- 【Easy to Use】 MIG Welder uses 0.8mm or 1.0mm flux core wire and can weld mild steel plates up to 0.64 cm. Large enough to hold 2 lbs of wire, and compact enough to take anywhere.
- 【Accessories】Set includes a MIG-140 welding machine, welding gun, grounding clip, welding mask, 0.8mm reel, 1kg welding wire, and brush.
- Synergic Control: The welding parameter is built-in with precise data. It will choose the voltage, amperage and feeding speed that is needed based on welder data, making it much easier for new welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- 🛡️★Multi-Function Welding Machine: IGBT Full 20-200Amp(Max) with Digital Display for reliable quality and stable performance. Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, Flux MIG, and Gas MIG. Big enough to handle 2 to 5 pound rolls of wire.
- 🛡️★Powerful Welding Capability: Up To 200A Output Current That Can Weld Mild Up To 5/32 Inch (4.0mm) Plate.MAX 5 Pound Rolls Of Wire.030"(0.8mm) With Solid Core Wire, And .035" (0.9mm)With Flux Core Wire.Can Handle E7018 Basic Electrode
- 🛡️★Complete Welding Kit: Includes MIG Gun(2.8M), Ground Clamp and Holder (2M), 220V to 110V Adapter, Drive Roller Wheel, Contact Tips, Gass Nozzles, and Welder Operation Manual. Processes recommended for MIG-Cast Iron, Copper, Brass, Titanium, Magnesium Alloys. Flux Cored- Aluminium, Cast Iron, Copper, Brass, Titanium.
- 🛡️★Intuitive Synergic Design: Synergic Control with automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage or choosing different thicknesses. The MIG-200 is capable of true lift TIG (TIG Lift Torch not included) welding as well as stick welding.
- 🛡️★Safety Features: Automatic protection function for over-current, over-voltage, and over-heating.
- Beginner-friendly: No need for expertise. Use ONE knob to switch on/off while adjusting plate thickness by the original welding machine chip, and intelligently identify the welding material to automatically match the voltage and wire feed speed
- Continuous High Efficiency: Leading industrial-level IGBT inverter ensures an exquisite welding process through Infinite Voltage and Closed-loop control of wire feeding speed, guarantees smooth arc start, more stable welding with less spatter
- Energy Saving: Reduce power consumption and increase the durability of fan with the smart high-speed cooling system that automatically switches according to component temperature. It also helps keep machine Components clean, reducing machine failure rates
- CSA Certification: With overheat, overcurrent, overvoltage, under-voltage protection and trusted CSA certification, also adapts to 15% fluctuation of network voltage and can weld stably at 95~127V, this is a safe, reliable, and human-friendly welder
- Portable Design: Smaller body 12.5*5.3*9.4 inch, weighs 11.9lb, with shoulder strap, easy to carry and store. Thanks to the 60KHz efficiency inverter for increasing capacity
- Welding Machine 3 in 1: 3 in 1 combo gasless flux core welder, stick welder and Lift TIG welder. (TIG torch need purchasing separately).
- Dual Voltage Input Design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110V / 220V dual voltage (automatic matching).
- 160A Welder: Up to 160A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate. The welder comes with 10pcs welding rods.
- Gasless MIG Welder: Release hard moving of gas cylinder, and work with flux core wire perfectly( welder suitable for 0.030/0.035" flux core wire), comes with 1pcs 0.030"/2 lbs flux core wire, 2pcs 0.030" mig tips, 2pcs 0.035" mig tips.
- Synergic Control: Through a knob to adjust the welding current, other welding parameters (wire feeding speed, welding voltage, inductance value, etc.) automatically matched with it. It has the feature of easy adjustment. It is suitable for both professional welders and novices.
- Weld up to .030"(0.8mm) and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Powered By Standard 110(120V) Household Current.
- Multi-functions in one machine:Suitable for MMA,Lift Tig,Flux Mig.Can weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Big enough to handle 2 pounds rolls of wire.
- Powerful Machine:Up to 135A output current that can weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch (3.0mm) plate.
- More powerful:Up to 135 Amp output allows you to weld mild steel up to 5/32” in the plate.Suitable for 0.30” & .035” flux core wire.
- Multi-Process：Gasless MIG/Stick/Lift TIG ，3-in-1 Welder.(need buy extra tig lift torch, not included inside product).
- Simple to use：Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage.
- Safety: Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection.
- Take it Everywhere：Lightweight and portable - just 13.5 lbs.
Last update on 2023-03-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.