April 26, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V330000
Air bags that do not deploy increase the risk of injury in a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V330
Manufacturer Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 26,016
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Mirage G4 vehicles. The internal acceleration sensor in the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Electronic Control Unit (ECU) can misinterpret vibrations, such as from poor road conditions or a flat tire, as a malfunction and disable all the vehicle's air bags.
MMNA notified owners, and dealers will reprogram the SRS-ECU software, free of charge. The recall began May 24, 2019. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-19-001.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SAFETY RECALL BULLETIN
MIRAGE G4 SRS WARNING LAMP ILLUMINATION - SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN
|DATE: May, 2019|
|MODEL: 2017-2018 Mirage G4|
This Safety Recall Bulletin provides instructions for reprogramming the SRS-ECU with a countermeasure software. The countermeasure software addresses DTCs B1557 and B1616 as a result of the SRS-ECU's misinterpretation of vibration caused by severe road conditions and/or driving on a flat tire.
The self-diagnostic function used by the internal acceleration sensor in the SRS-ECU may misinterpret vibration caused by severe road conditions and/or driving on a flat tire to be a malfunction in the SRS-ECU. If this occurs, the SRS warning lamp will illuminate and none of the seven airbags available in the vehicle will deploy in the event of a crash.
2017-2018 Mirage G4 vehicles, produced on or before November 28, 2017
Affected new or used inventory vehicles must be repaired before the vehicle is sold/delivered. Dealers must check their inventory vehicles’ VINs on the Warranty Superscreen to verify whether the vehicle is involved in this recall campaign. It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to sell/ deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by the notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
- Confirm your MUT-III is updated with the latest reprogramming database.
- Reprogram the SRS-ECU with the new software. Refer to the SRS-ECU Reprogramming Chart for new software information.
IMPORTANT: If an affected vehicle has a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminated before reprogramming, and DTCs other than B1557 and B1616 are listed in the SRS memory, diagnose and repair those DTCs per the service manual before reprogramming. DO NOT reprogram the SRS-ECU until the reason(s) for DTCs other than B1557 and B1616 being set is corrected.
The following equipment is needed to reprogram the SRS-ECU.
- VCI (Vehicle Communication Interface) or VCI Lite - MB991824 or MB992744V.
- MEDIC Laptop/Tablet with A/C power adapter - MIT540031, or FZG1MK2.
- MUT-III main harness 'A' (blue connector at the DLC end) - MB992745V.
- USB 2.0 cable - MB991827V or RRAR1MBR108GL.
- MEDIC 3.5/4 update at 594 or higher.
- For Standalone MUT-III SE units, MUT3-SE Reprogramming Database N190301 or higher.
SRS-ECU REPROGRAMMING CHART
|M.F.F||ECU Part Number||Software Part Number|
2 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Mirage G4 SRS Warning Lamp Illumination Safety Recall Campaign
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Defect Notice 573 Report
|TSB Update and Adapter Cable Chart (PDF)
MUT3-SE Manual (PDF)
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. offers Right-To-Repair(R2R) capability in accordance with national MOU(Memorandum of understanding) and J2534-1 Powertrain Control Module (PCM) re-flash capability in accordance with CARB & EPA regulations.
What is R2R (Right-To-Repair)?
Under the terms of R2R (Right-To-Repair), Mitsubishi Motors North America provides access to diagnostic information (MUT3-SE) for model year 2018 and newer vehicles. You must follow Mitsubishi Service Manual procedures for proper repair.
What is J2534-1?
J2534-1 is a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standard that enables the use of a J2534-1 pass-thru device (available through Special Tool Manufacturers) and a personal computer to re-program a PCM with updated instructions, as well as perform other procedures on some PCMs. Mitsubishi Motors vehicles use re-flashable PCMs starting with the 1998 model year. Before attempting a re-flash of a Mitsubishi PCM, you must obtain a validated J2534-1 pass-thru device. In addition, you must only re-flash a Mitsubishi PCM when a specific Mitsubishi Motors Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) calls for it. All TSBs are available in the Service Information portion of this website. In some cases, re-flash procedures are accompanied by replacement of parts or other related procedures. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in an unsatisfactory repair.
There are two distinct families of PCMs, based on the communication protocol used for re-flashing. Each family of PCMs requires a specific software solution available on this website as follows:
- Legacy PCMs Refer to (Reprogramming System Identification Chart) for details (ISO9141) protocol for re-flash communication. A software application, Update Manager, is required to re-flash this type of PCM. Update Manager consists of 2 parts, Update Manager A & Update Manager B. Use Update Manager A to determine the current PCM instruction level (current flash level), known as ROM-ID. Then use Update Manager B to re-flash the PCM with re-flash files and other support files downloaded from this website. If installed for the first time, some K-Line PCM's require additional initialization procedures - for example, Immobilizer Key Code Transfer. To perform these initialization procedures, a MUT-III Special tool must be used. Please refer to the "Special Tool" section of this webpage for details.
- The latest technology PCMs Refer to (Reprogramming System Identification Chart) use CAN protocol for re-flash communication. In addition, some CAN-based PCMs require additional initialization procedures if installed in a vehicle for the first time, such as VIN writing, Variant Coding (programming specific vehicle attributes) and Immobilizer Key Code Transfer. All procedures are done using the MUT3-SE CAN Passthru application available for download from this website. Use MUT3-SE CAN Passthru to obtain the PCM Part number, VIN stored in the PCM (necessary before any other procedures). Then download additional software components and support files through MCDS Server to enable the MUT3-SE CAN Pass-Thru application to perform other procedures as needed
As stated in the J2534-1 section, Mitsubishi Motors authorizes a PCM re-flash to be applied only in the event that such a procedure is supported by a specific Mitsubishi Motors Technical Service Bulletin (TSB). Any PCM re-flash applied not in accordance with a TSB may result in an unsatisfactory repair.
- A Validated J2534-1 Pass-thru Device
Because J2534-1 is an SAE standard, in theory, any J2534-1 certified device should be able to be used to perform J2534-1 re-flashes. PCM initialization (required when replacing a Mitsubishi PCM) can be performed with the J2534-1 device with newer CAN equipped vehicles. Legacy K-line equipped vehicles will require the MUT-III Special tool to accomplish PCM initialization (See Special Tools section). For a chart of CAN and K-Line equipped vehicles, please refer to CAN/KLINE Chart. Several special tool manufacturers have J2534-1 pass-thru devices available for sale. Mitsubishi Motors testing to date has found that there are some differences between the available devices in the market. Therefore, Mitsubishi Motors can only recommend the use of devices that have been validated to work on Mitsubishi Motors vehicles with Update Manager and Pass-Thru CAN (Mitsubishi Motors software applications to perform PCM procedures using a J2534-1 pass-thru device).
Before using either Mitsubishi Motors J2534-1 software application, be sure to have a validated J2534-1 Pass Thru Device. Currently the Drewtech CarDAQ-Plus (with 1.9.38 drivers) and the BOSCH MVCI (with 188.8.131.52 drivers) have been validated with Mitsubishi Vehicles. For more information on these devices, please go to www.drewtech.com and www.boschdiagnostics.com.
Note: At this time, the Actia PassThru XS+ has not been validated with newer re-flashes.
- A Windows Based Personal Computer
A personal computer is required to host Update Manager, MUT3-SE CAN Passthru/R2R and connect to the J2534-1 Pass-thru Device. Requirements for the computer are as follows:
- For KLINE reflashes, the Update Managers A & B softwares are only supported in Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro + SP3, Windows 7 (32-bit) operating systems.
- For CAN reflashes, the MUT3-SE CAN Passthru/R2R software is supported in Windows 7 (32-bit) operating systems.
- For Windows 7 (32-bit), the MUT3-SE CAN Passthru software and Update Manager A & B requires temporary adjustment of the User Account Control Settings (UAC) to enable software activation.
- To change the UAC settings in Windows 7:
1. Open Control Panel. 2. Click on the User Accounts icon. 3. Click on the User Accounts icon. This is not the same icon clicked in the previous step. This icon will be smaller. 4. Click on Change User Account Control settings. 5. Remember your last setting for the slider bar and then move the slider thumb to Never notify. 6. Click OK to accept the changes and reboot the PC for changes to take effect. 7. After using the MU3-SE CAN PassThru/R2R software, return the UAC settings to your previous setting or set it to Default. Another reboot is required for changes to take effect.
- 256 megabytes of RAM (at least 256 megabytes recommended)
- An available serial port or USB connection.
- An internet connection
- Sufficient hard drive space to install Update Manager / MU3-SE CAN PassThru/R2R and store re-flash files & other support files (40 megabyte minimum).
- Pass-thru Device Adapter Cable
Some K-Line PCMs require a special Y-cable adapter to connect the 16 pin OBD-II data-link connector from the J2534-1 pass-thru device to both the Mitsubishi 12 or 13 pin proprietary connector & the on-board 16 pin data-link connector. This cable can be purchased through Bosch Automotive Service Solutions (Part number MIT47295). Refer to the Adapter Cable Chart to determine which vehicles require the adapter cable.
|Autel MF2534 Maxi Flash J-2534 Vci|
|Drew Tech Mongoose Pro USB to CAN ISO9141 Interface|
|Dearborn d-Bridge Adapter J2534 OBDII Engineering Tool|
|CarDAQ-M Auto Universal Diagnostic Scanner and Programming Tool VSI J2534|
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- TOP-LEVEL HEAVY TRUCK DIAGNOSIS: Want to diagnose different kinds of vehicles? Autel MaxiSysCV that comes with J2534 ECU Programming Device is the diagnostic tool you need! You can use comprehensive diagnostic functions including ECU Information, Trouble Codes, Live Data, Active Test, and Special services for Experts (Allison, Bendix, Caterpillar, Volvo, Freightliner, etc.), Buses (Volvo, Hino, Isuzu, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc.) and even Trucks (Volvo, Dodge, Ford, Foton, Mack, etc.).
- CODING FOR OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE: With Autel MS908CV, Optimizing vehicle performance is not that hard! The 100% safe ECU Coding allows you to change options within the vehicle’s ECU to modify features for the tested vehicle. Note: Coding only changes preprogrammed options already existent in the software. High Beams and Fog Lights Together Double Blink Hazards Digital Accurate MPH Gauge Enhanced Bluetooth Enable, etc.
- SERVICE FUNCTIONS FOR FAST MAINTENANCE: You can complete a series of scheduled services and maintenance with only one MaxiSysCV. Free from the trouble of changing basic OBD2 scanners frequently to get related services. The most commonly performed service functions include Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, IMMO & Keys, Injector, Throttle and more.
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY: No fuss with complex operations! The user-friendly MaxiSysCV diagnostic tool reduces your fatigue. AutoVIN Scan allows you to check all the ECUs of the tested car in less than 1 seconds. Remote Desk Operation offers workshops a channel of controlling customers’ MaxiSys tablets for immediate technical support. Data/Shop Manager reduces the time spent on managing diagnostic files, workshop information, and more.
- POINTS FOR AFTER SERVICES: 1.About Quality: Autel MaxiSysCV is designed with advanced configuration (Android4.0 OS, Samsung Exynos 4-Core Processor, etc.) for smooth and reliable using. 2.About Warranty & Update: Within one year, Products with defectives in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced free of charge and It’s free to update the software at regular intervals to increase MS908CV’s capabilities. 3. About Service: Autel is ready to answer any questions 7* 24 hours.
- ECU PROGRAMMING: This Diagnostic scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues. We welcome you to contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A for your specific need.
- SUPERIOR HARDWARE: The Maxicom MK908P is a upgraded version of the Maxisys Ms908P/Pro,it with Android4.4 based system amd super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc.
- COMPREHENSIVE FUNCTIONS: Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price. this superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain.12-month free updates，basic functions could still be used without updates.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes.It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance. To check compatibility, contact [email protected] or ask through Q/A, we will reply you in time.
- Multi-ADD ONS:This Autel Scanner could connect the Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras for vehicle’s electronic test or get the sight in the tight spaces. We offer you a free ArtiBattery101, making you easily get the Battery Test Results. This car battery Tester is recommended by Soctty Kilmer and BestReviews. It can directly detect the battery data and give suggestions on whether to replace the battery. It also has cranking test and charging system test.
- 【Advanced IMMO & Key Programming】Autel IM608 is a perfect choice for auto technicians and locksmiths to encrypt keys, add keys, change keys, and generate keys. The Smart Mode and Expert Mode in IMMO app offer you guided and advanced Key Learning to choose. The Autel scanner can also read/write various key chips helping perform complete key programming quickly. Note: IM608 just can be used in the US. Don’t take it to other countries or change the IP.
- 【ECU Coding & Active Test】Active Test helps you accurately figure out whether a specific subsystem or component in vehicles goes well. This function may appear as Actuators, Actuator Test, or Function Tests, and the tests options vary by vehicle manufacturer and model. After repairs or replacements of vehicle parts, Autel IM608 can reprogram adaptive data for certain components of the test vehicle through ECU Coding.
- 【Reliable Key & ECU Programming Tools】 Equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU reprogrammer, this Autel scanner performs IMMO Add Key, All Key Lost and Key Learning for 3rd generation Benz. Besides convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities from the MaxiFlash tool, it can read transponder data (including Mercedes Benz infrared smart key), clone/generate exclusive keys, etc. by working with the XP400 key programmer.
- 【Language & Wide Compatibility】When you get this Autel scanner, it only supports English. You can get the required language by providing the serial number for customer service via [email protected] Compatible with more than 80 makes and models from the US, Asian and European, the Autel IM608 can perform OE-Level all-system diagnostics for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, etc.
- 【12-Month Free Update & Warranty】Autel IM608 comes with a 1-year free update online to improve the apps’ capabilities by adding critical patches, new models, etc. When the 1-year update expires, it will cost $1250 per year to continue updating. A 12-month warranty gives you a guarantee for any possible quality problems. For any question, feel free to ask the customer service.
- The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, features the 10.1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9.7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: Worked with J2534 Pass-thru device, MaxiSys Elite is capable of ECU programming for Benz and BMW.
- EXTENSIVE COVERAGE: Available for over 80 1996 US-based, 2000 European-based and newer OBD2 protocol vehicles with full OBD functions, 11 reset functions and full systems diagnoses
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Worked with MaxiScope basic kit MP408, MaxiSys Elite provides users with an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle's electronic circuits
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Remote Tech Support for real-time software update notifications via internet. Interactive Data Logging Sessions for direct contact with Autel. One-stop multitasking for ideal management of data
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGNS: MaxiSys Elite is with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing. MP408 features color coded 4-channel control panel and one-click auto setup of voltage scale and time base
- Wireless connection - simple plug and play configuration Upgraded support includes 802 11bgn
- High Speed USB 2 0 Connection with improved protection and faster performance
- Improved stability during engine crank with extended temperature range
- Enclosure design protects from exposure to fluids and drops
- Additional vehicle communications protocols include upcoming Global B vehicles with faster data buses SAE J2534 and ISO-22900 compliant
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- VXDIAG VCX Nano support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us
- We provide full time online support, if you have any questions about our device, please feel free to contact us online via ask us a question or send us email
- SUPPORTED MODELS - Compatible All 1998-2018 TOYOTA/LEXUS/SCION vehicles,For few functions on few old cars(such as before 2005),We recommend to use firmware V2.0.4 cable
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API