April 26, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V330000
Air bags that do not deploy increase the risk of injury in a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V330
Manufacturer Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 26,016
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Mirage G4 vehicles. The internal acceleration sensor in the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Electronic Control Unit (ECU) can misinterpret vibrations, such as from poor road conditions or a flat tire, as a malfunction and disable all the vehicle's air bags.
MMNA notified owners, and dealers will reprogram the SRS-ECU software, free of charge. The recall began May 24, 2019. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-19-001.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SAFETY RECALL BULLETIN
MIRAGE G4 SRS WARNING LAMP ILLUMINATION - SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN
|DATE: May, 2019|
|MODEL: 2017-2018 Mirage G4|
This Safety Recall Bulletin provides instructions for reprogramming the SRS-ECU with a countermeasure software. The countermeasure software addresses DTCs B1557 and B1616 as a result of the SRS-ECU's misinterpretation of vibration caused by severe road conditions and/or driving on a flat tire.
The self-diagnostic function used by the internal acceleration sensor in the SRS-ECU may misinterpret vibration caused by severe road conditions and/or driving on a flat tire to be a malfunction in the SRS-ECU. If this occurs, the SRS warning lamp will illuminate and none of the seven airbags available in the vehicle will deploy in the event of a crash.
2017-2018 Mirage G4 vehicles, produced on or before November 28, 2017
Affected new or used inventory vehicles must be repaired before the vehicle is sold/delivered. Dealers must check their inventory vehicles’ VINs on the Warranty Superscreen to verify whether the vehicle is involved in this recall campaign. It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to sell/ deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by the notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
- Confirm your MUT-III is updated with the latest reprogramming database.
- Reprogram the SRS-ECU with the new software. Refer to the SRS-ECU Reprogramming Chart for new software information.
IMPORTANT: If an affected vehicle has a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminated before reprogramming, and DTCs other than B1557 and B1616 are listed in the SRS memory, diagnose and repair those DTCs per the service manual before reprogramming. DO NOT reprogram the SRS-ECU until the reason(s) for DTCs other than B1557 and B1616 being set is corrected.
The following equipment is needed to reprogram the SRS-ECU.
- VCI (Vehicle Communication Interface) or VCI Lite - MB991824 or MB992744V.
- MEDIC Laptop/Tablet with A/C power adapter - MIT540031, or FZG1MK2.
- MUT-III main harness 'A' (blue connector at the DLC end) - MB992745V.
- USB 2.0 cable - MB991827V or RRAR1MBR108GL.
- MEDIC 3.5/4 update at 594 or higher.
- For Standalone MUT-III SE units, MUT3-SE Reprogramming Database N190301 or higher.
SRS-ECU REPROGRAMMING CHART
|M.F.F||ECU Part Number||Software Part Number|
2 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Mirage G4 SRS Warning Lamp Illumination Safety Recall Campaign
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Defect Notice 573 Report
|TSB Update and Adapter Cable Chart (PDF)
MUT3-SE Manual (PDF)
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. offers Right-To-Repair(R2R) capability in accordance with national MOU(Memorandum of understanding) and J2534-1 Powertrain Control Module (PCM) re-flash capability in accordance with CARB & EPA regulations.
What is R2R (Right-To-Repair)?
Under the terms of R2R (Right-To-Repair), Mitsubishi Motors North America provides access to diagnostic information (MUT3-SE) for model year 2018 and newer vehicles. You must follow Mitsubishi Service Manual procedures for proper repair.
What is J2534-1?
J2534-1 is a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standard that enables the use of a J2534-1 pass-thru device (available through Special Tool Manufacturers) and a personal computer to re-program a PCM with updated instructions, as well as perform other procedures on some PCMs. Mitsubishi Motors vehicles use re-flashable PCMs starting with the 1998 model year. Before attempting a re-flash of a Mitsubishi PCM, you must obtain a validated J2534-1 pass-thru device. In addition, you must only re-flash a Mitsubishi PCM when a specific Mitsubishi Motors Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) calls for it. All TSBs are available in the Service Information portion of this website. In some cases, re-flash procedures are accompanied by replacement of parts or other related procedures. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in an unsatisfactory repair.
There are two distinct families of PCMs, based on the communication protocol used for re-flashing. Each family of PCMs requires a specific software solution available on this website as follows:
- Legacy PCMs Refer to (Reprogramming System Identification Chart) for details (ISO9141) protocol for re-flash communication. A software application, Update Manager, is required to re-flash this type of PCM. Update Manager consists of 2 parts, Update Manager A & Update Manager B. Use Update Manager A to determine the current PCM instruction level (current flash level), known as ROM-ID. Then use Update Manager B to re-flash the PCM with re-flash files and other support files downloaded from this website. If installed for the first time, some K-Line PCM's require additional initialization procedures - for example, Immobilizer Key Code Transfer. To perform these initialization procedures, a MUT-III Special tool must be used. Please refer to the "Special Tool" section of this webpage for details.
- The latest technology PCMs Refer to (Reprogramming System Identification Chart) use CAN protocol for re-flash communication. In addition, some CAN-based PCMs require additional initialization procedures if installed in a vehicle for the first time, such as VIN writing, Variant Coding (programming specific vehicle attributes) and Immobilizer Key Code Transfer. All procedures are done using the MUT3-SE CAN Passthru application available for download from this website. Use MUT3-SE CAN Passthru to obtain the PCM Part number, VIN stored in the PCM (necessary before any other procedures). Then download additional software components and support files through MCDS Server to enable the MUT3-SE CAN Pass-Thru application to perform other procedures as needed
As stated in the J2534-1 section, Mitsubishi Motors authorizes a PCM re-flash to be applied only in the event that such a procedure is supported by a specific Mitsubishi Motors Technical Service Bulletin (TSB). Any PCM re-flash applied not in accordance with a TSB may result in an unsatisfactory repair.
- A Validated J2534-1 Pass-thru Device
Because J2534-1 is an SAE standard, in theory, any J2534-1 certified device should be able to be used to perform J2534-1 re-flashes. PCM initialization (required when replacing a Mitsubishi PCM) can be performed with the J2534-1 device with newer CAN equipped vehicles. Legacy K-line equipped vehicles will require the MUT-III Special tool to accomplish PCM initialization (See Special Tools section). For a chart of CAN and K-Line equipped vehicles, please refer to CAN/KLINE Chart. Several special tool manufacturers have J2534-1 pass-thru devices available for sale. Mitsubishi Motors testing to date has found that there are some differences between the available devices in the market. Therefore, Mitsubishi Motors can only recommend the use of devices that have been validated to work on Mitsubishi Motors vehicles with Update Manager and Pass-Thru CAN (Mitsubishi Motors software applications to perform PCM procedures using a J2534-1 pass-thru device).
Before using either Mitsubishi Motors J2534-1 software application, be sure to have a validated J2534-1 Pass Thru Device. Currently the Drewtech CarDAQ-Plus (with 1.9.38 drivers) and the BOSCH MVCI (with 220.127.116.11 drivers) have been validated with Mitsubishi Vehicles. For more information on these devices, please go to www.drewtech.com and www.boschdiagnostics.com.
Note: At this time, the Actia PassThru XS+ has not been validated with newer re-flashes.
- A Windows Based Personal Computer
A personal computer is required to host Update Manager, MUT3-SE CAN Passthru/R2R and connect to the J2534-1 Pass-thru Device. Requirements for the computer are as follows:
- For KLINE reflashes, the Update Managers A & B softwares are only supported in Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro + SP3, Windows 7 (32-bit) operating systems.
- For CAN reflashes, the MUT3-SE CAN Passthru/R2R software is supported in Windows 7 (32-bit) operating systems.
- For Windows 7 (32-bit), the MUT3-SE CAN Passthru software and Update Manager A & B requires temporary adjustment of the User Account Control Settings (UAC) to enable software activation.
- To change the UAC settings in Windows 7:
1. Open Control Panel. 2. Click on the User Accounts icon. 3. Click on the User Accounts icon. This is not the same icon clicked in the previous step. This icon will be smaller. 4. Click on Change User Account Control settings. 5. Remember your last setting for the slider bar and then move the slider thumb to Never notify. 6. Click OK to accept the changes and reboot the PC for changes to take effect. 7. After using the MU3-SE CAN PassThru/R2R software, return the UAC settings to your previous setting or set it to Default. Another reboot is required for changes to take effect.
- 256 megabytes of RAM (at least 256 megabytes recommended)
- An available serial port or USB connection.
- An internet connection
- Sufficient hard drive space to install Update Manager / MU3-SE CAN PassThru/R2R and store re-flash files & other support files (40 megabyte minimum).
- Pass-thru Device Adapter Cable
Some K-Line PCMs require a special Y-cable adapter to connect the 16 pin OBD-II data-link connector from the J2534-1 pass-thru device to both the Mitsubishi 12 or 13 pin proprietary connector & the on-board 16 pin data-link connector. This cable can be purchased through Bosch Automotive Service Solutions (Part number MIT47295). Refer to the Adapter Cable Chart to determine which vehicles require the adapter cable.
|Autel MF2534 Maxi Flash J-2534 Vci|
|Drew Tech Mongoose Pro USB to CAN ISO9141 Interface|
|Dearborn d-Bridge Adapter J2534 OBDII Engineering Tool|
|CarDAQ-M Auto Universal Diagnostic Scanner and Programming Tool VSI J2534|
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1" 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7" 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- LATEST VERSION HARDWARE: VXDIAG VCX Nano Pro is new hardware for VXDIAG. This version hardware allow you add new software authorization on it, so one hardware can compatible with 7 different car softwares, and you can choose the vehicle software you want
- HELP YOU SAVE MONEY: VXDIAG VCX Nano one box support GM, Ford/Mazda and VW 3 different vehicle brand, save you much more money than purchase one by one, you can realize same function as the dealership and save cost
- ONLINE TECHNICAL HELP: We provide full time technical help online for software installation for VXDIAG VCX NANO, we can also provide you cloud diagnosis account for you to test without installing software on your own computer
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc. For GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- WARRANTY: We provide one year warranty, and life timeafter-sale service.
- ONLINE TECHNICAL SUPPORT - Online professional technical support by Teamviewer available if you meet any problem !
- VERSION - V1.4.1 Cable firmware ,Techstream proggram: V13.10.019 ,V13.00.022 and other old spare versions
- COMPATIBLE SYSTEMS - All windowns computer :Windows XP/Vista/7/8 /8.1/10 Both 32bit and 64bit (Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate Version)
- SUPPORTED MODELS - All 1998-2018 TOYOTA/LEXUS/SCION vehicles,For few functions on few old cars(such as before 2005),We recommend to use firmware V2.0.4 cable
- WORK WITH ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM - only two files maybe taken as malicious by few version Norton/MACfee on very few 64bit system,You can delete one if you are worried.
- Comprehensive OE-Level diagnostic & OBDII services, advanced ECU coding and programming for pro tools;
- Designed for professional technicians who demand superior tool features to provide the most performance for their investment
- Auto-Vin technology for fast and precise vehicle identification. Autel MaxiCOM MK908P performs the same function as Autel Maxisys Elite, Autel MS908S PRO, MS908E, and provide better price.
- Extensive OE-Level vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes
- Compatible with some add-ons: Oscilloscope-MaxiScope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras (MV105 and MV108)
- POWERFUL DIAGNOSIS &ANALYSIS: The Autel Maxisys MS908CV is especially made for working on Heavy Duty vehicles. It contains a whole set of heavy duty vehicle connectors and provides access to all the commonly performed service functions: Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, Immo & keys, Injector Throttle and other regular maintenance functions.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: The complete diagnostic tool kit includes a compact sized MaxiFlash Elite which performs J2534 and J2534-2 pass-thru programming and provides Bluetooth VCI communication between the vehicle and the MaxiSys CV tablet.
- SPECIAL FUCTIONS: The diagnostic scan tool provides the special functions that complete repairs including Injector Quantity Adjustment, DPF Regeneration, Adaptations, Calibrations, Maintenance Resets.
- STRONG FEATURES: The automotive scanner read and clear codes, view and graph live data, perform tool-guided maintenance services, complete an array of special functions and diagnose manufacturer-specific systems including Allison transmissions, Bendix ABS Brake systems, Detroit Diesel Engines and Eaton and Wabash ABS trailer brakes.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European commercial vehicles and industrial machine brands.
- The CarDAQ-M provides complete SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 capabilities as well as functionality for all vehicle makes and models.
- The "M" in CarDAQ-M stands for "modular" meaning this product evolves with technology as it is introduced to the market.
- OEM-level Engine, Transmission and Body Control Module Reprogramming, and Dealer-level Diagnostics are available to you.
- OEM diagnostics for BMW, GM, Honda/Acura, Jaguar/ Land Rover, Toyota, Volkswagen/Audi, and Volvo
- Free J2534 Toolbox application with video's and help tools, free software updates and toll-free technical phone and email support
- 【Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming】 MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars' lifespan/performance. form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs and dramatically improve the cars' lifespan/performance.
- 【Comprehensive Features】 Besides Coding and ECU programming functions, the scan tool supports reprogram keys, Bi-directional control, active test, ABS bleeding, complete capabilities for codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, prints out recorded data with Wi-Fi. Save the money cost in buying an additional expensive adapter. Warm tips Benz-14 & Chang'an-3 Adapters only for UK version, not US version.
- 【User Friendly】 The Live Data Stream displayed the real time PID data from ECU and the displayed data included analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs, and system status information broadcast. The graphic display greatly improved the readability and understandability of above parameters. This is definitely a perfect scan tool for enthusiasts interested in knowing how their car is running.
- 【Operate Easily】 The hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that's really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it.
- 【Compatible with Some Add-ons】 Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- The CarDAQ-Plus2 is the next generation Drew Technologies J2534-1 and J2534-2 device with advanced support for J2534 v05.00 and DoIP.
- Features High Speed USB and support for global vehicles.
- Meets all of today's SAE J2534 standards.
- Rugged plastic case included for safe and convenient transporting.
- Free J2534 Toolbox application, online software updates and phone support.
- ECU CODING & PROGRAMMING: Worked with J2534 Pass-thru device, MaxiSys Elite is capable of ECU programming for Benz and BMW.
- EXTENSIVE COVERAGE: Available for over 80 1996 US-based, 2000 European-based and newer OBD2 protocol vehicles with full OBD functions, 11 reset functions and full systems diagnoses
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: Worked with MaxiScope basic kit MP408, MaxiSys Elite provides users with an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle's electronic circuits
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Remote Tech Support for real-time software update notifications via internet. Interactive Data Logging Sessions for direct contact with Autel. One-stop multitasking for ideal management of data
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGNS: MaxiSys Elite is with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing. MP408 features color coded 4-channel control panel and one-click auto setup of voltage scale and time base
- The Autel Maxisys MS908CV is especially made for working on Heavy Duty vehicles. It contains a whole set of heavy duty vehicle connectors and provides access to all the commonly performed service functions: Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, Immo & keys, Injector Throttle and other regular maintenance functions
- The complete diagnostic tool kit includes a compact sized MaxiFlash Elite which performs J2534 and J2534-2 pass-thru programming and provides BT VCI communication between the vehicle and the MaxiSys CV tablet.
- The diagnostic scan tool provides the special functions that complete repairs including Injector Quantity Adjustment, DPF Regeneration, Adaptations, Calibrations, Maintenance Resets.
- The automotive scanner read and clear codes, view and graph live data, perform tool-guided maintenance services, complete an array of special functions and diagnose manufacturer-specific systems including Allison transmissions, Bendix ABS Brake systems, Detroit Diesel Engines and Eaton and Wabash ABS trailer brakes.
- Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 US, Asian and European commercial vehicles and industrial machine brands.
Last update on 2019-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API